I am a freshman college student approaching my first winter break. I had been VERY regular at the local Crossfit gym for about a year and a half, and the last few months of that spent experimenting with the Zone Diet and Paleo... that is before college hit me. The level of drinking and cigarette smoking has risen to an absurd level! And with my ONE MONTH break, I figured... what better time to experiment! My plan is to spend the month of December and into January getting back into shape, and also to learn how much I can change my body and performance in one month. For exercise: I plan to Crossfit and a VERY high intensity I also plan on performing 5 mile timed runs once a week. (I did this when i first started Crossfiting and it helped) For Nutrition: My plan is to switch to the Zone Diet/ Paleo Diet combination -I have seen results from this in my past Crossfit history and KNOW is works! Also, I have heard a lot about intermittent fasting, I will plan on doing these over my break. (I need to do more on this) *By NO means am I an elite Crossfiter and hope I didn't come off as trying to sound like one! it has just been a past time and fitness regimen for me for the past few years. So this is my experiment, we'll see where it takes me!



Monday, December 14, 2009

Today I started my experiment of One month crossfit, zone/paleo. From now on I am going very strict with my plan.

I started my day with

Three eggs and a chicken sausage
a bowl of berries and a pear

for lunch

5 ounces of chicken
two pears and a cup of grapes

I'm planning on working out at 4:30
and creating a zone/paleo dinner.

1 comment:

  1. So are you doing the cooking or is your mom? If it's your mom, can I come over? haha. I'm going to try this paleo thing for a week with one exception for beer.

    ReplyDelete